|Emperor’s Palace Summer Ready-To-Run Sale At Summerhill Stud
Summerhill Stud will be hosting their Emperor’s Palace Summer Ready-To-Run Sale on 22 February, at 11am at Summerhill Stud’s School Of Excellence.
Summerhill’s blog says “Last February, Summerhill inaugurated its first Summer Ready To Run Sale, largely for the horses it would normally sell off the farm, horses which for whatever reason, were unable to get to the spring Ready To Run in November. Among those that remained behind over the years were the R8 million earner Imbongi, R5 million accumulator Paris Perfect, ATM “machine” Bold Ellinore, millionaire brother Emperor Napoleon, South Africa’s winning-most racehorse ever, Hear The Drums, and another ace millionaire, Vangelis. A rich harvest you might say, in the arid thoughts of those who might’ve believed that these were the “left-overs”.
“Last year, our team took an experimental draft to the Horses-In-Training sale at Shongweni, and it was a bit of a bloodbath. Buyers should’ve known better : there’s always something worthwhile in any assembly of Summerhill horses, and that’s the way it turned out. At R50,000, Sithela turned out a bit of a star, marching off with two in succession, including a stunning victory over two Group One performers in the Sophomore Sprint, only to be robbed of certain favouritism for the R2million Emperors Palace Ready To Run Cup in a fatal accident. Besides Sithela, Scat Alley (R40,000) couldn’t have been more impressive in her debut victory for Louis Goosen; Michael Miller and The Baroness Bergsma got every bit of their purchase consideration and a lot more back, when I Got You Babe (R7,000) trotted up by 2.5 lengths; and Alesh Naidoo, Ashwin Govender and Paul Lafferty got more than they bargained for when Kahal’s daughter, Equivalence (R15,000) spanked them on the New Year’s weekend on her third racecourse appearance. And then there’s Gida, Wendy Whitehead’s R35,000 purchase, who pricked some ears with a rattling 2nd on only his 2nd trip to the races.”
All of that, though can hardly compare to this year’s catalogue, on the face of it at least. These are a few of the horses available:
- Kahal colt ex Coastal Waltz (dam East Cape Horse Of The Year, and winner of ten).
- Kahal filly ex Deal A Double (first foal of a five-time winning sister to three Group winners).
- Mullins Bay ex Dignify (dam is a Golden Slipper (Gr.1) winning sister to J&B Met ace, Angus.
- Cataloochee filly ex Excess (dam is a sister to two Black type performers, from the immediate family of two of Europe’s best fillies of 2011, Dancing Rain (English Oaks Gr.1) and Together (Moyglare Stakes Gr.1).
- Kahal filly ex Glitz (sister to Nondweni, from the family of a former Ready To Run star and champion Imperial Dispatch).
- Cataloochee filly ex Lady Red (first foal of a Group performing 5 time winner).
- Mullins Bay colt ex Lotti (dam is a Stakes winner and her first foal is a three time visitor to the winner’s circle).
- Mullins Bay filly ex Nordic Air (sister to champion race filly, Icy Air and current Charles Laird star, Ice Axe).
- Stronghold filly ex Rainbow Ridge (dam is sister to champion Amphitheatre, from the immediate family of Icy Air and Ice Axe).
- Stronghold colt ex Shiyabekala (dam is a sister to J&B Met hero, Angus, and Golden Slipper (Gr.1) heroine Dignify.
- Stronghold filly ex Tribute (sister to Stuart Pettigrew’s star turn, Salutation, family of Premier’s Classic hero, Last Watch).
- Way West colt ex While Rome Burns (dam is a sister to Amphitheatre, from the family of Icy Air and Ice Axe).
- Kahal filly ex Longfields (sister to Thekweni Stakes (Gr.1) winner, Bridal Paths, in turn sister to Group One multi millionaire, Pick Six.
Catalogues & DVD’s will be sent out on Monday 6th February. If you would like a catalogue & DVD please contact Michael Holmes on 031 309 5522 or alternatively email: email@example.com