|Emperor’s Palace National Yearling Sale Catalogue Launched Online|
The Thoroughbred Breeders Association have launched their catalogue online for the upcoming Emperor’s Palace National Yearling Sale, taking place 26 and 28 April 2013.
The following KZN-breds below will be presented at the Emperor’s Palace National Yearling Sale, and qualify for the Million Mile as well as future KZN Breeders Race Days – with seven races for an increased stake R200 000 each only open to horses registered with the KZN Breeders Premium Scheme.
The KZN-bred yearlings at the sale will have distinctive posters on their stable doors, as well as “KZN-bred” stickers on their hindquarters with the Lot number.
The following KZN-bred Yearlings are siblings to Graded Stakes winners:
- Lot 424 – Backworth Stud – a half-brother to Gr 2 winner First Again by Miesque’s Approval
- Lot 534 – Bush Hill Stud – a three-quarter brother to Gr 2 winner The Mouseketeer by Mullins Bay
- Lot 529 – Greenhill Farm – a full-brother to Gr 1 winner Spiced Gold
- Lot 333 – Hadlow Stud – a half-sister to Gr 3 winner Celtic Fire by Brave Tin Soldier
- Lot 355 – Middlefield Stud – a half-brother to Gr 3 winner Thunder Creek by Carpocrates
- Lot 438 – Rathmor Stud – a half-sister to Gr 1 winner in SA and USA Gypsy’s Warning, as well as Gr 2 winner Surabi. She is by Fort Wood.
- Lot 177 – Scott Bros – a half-sister to Gr 1 Vodacom Durban July winner Hunting Tower by Mogok
- Lot 286 – Scott Bros – a full brother to recent Dubai Gr 2 winner The Apache, also a Gr 1 winner in South Africa.
- Lot 416 – Spring Valley Stud (AGENT) – a full-brother to Gr 3 winner Festival Of Fire
- Lot 53 – Summerhill Sales – a half-sister to Gr 2 winner Icy Air by Kahal
- Lot 243 – Summerhill Sales – a half-brother to Gr 1 winner Pierre Jourdan by Kahal
A colt that deserves special mention is Lot 74, Rathmor Stud’s rare white medicine hat colt named Gran Blanco by Kahal out of Gr 3 placed Perakeen.
Visit the Thoroughbred Breeders Association website at www.tba.co.za for more information.