Yellow Star Stud is situated just outside Mooi River in the beautiful Kwazulu-Natal Midlands. Yellow Star Stud is a family run business owned by Koos & Lorraine de Klerk. Their son Patrick Ellis is the Stud Manager and their daughter Ashley de Klerk deals with administration.
The farm, pre-dominantly a boarding farm has substantial grazing and large paddocks for the horses. The farm produces large amounts of erogrostis hay not only for our own use but for sale to a number of top KZN trainers. Yellow Star Stud has pre-training facilities and is the home of the satellite yard of Turffontein based trainer Mr Chris Erasmus. Yellow Star Stud has an open gate policy and all visitors to the farm are welcome – please call or e-mail us to ensure we are there to meet you.
- Kildonan by Rich Man’s Gold(USA) – Cathay Firth by Philippi(FR)
- Lion Tamer by Western Winter(USA) – Blushing Dove by Comic Blush(USA)
- Meteor Shower by Danehill(IRE) – Teslemi by Ogygian(USA)
- Rocky Street (AUS) by Rock of Gibraltar(IRE) – Lezayre by Keltrice(AUS)
- Spectrum(IRE) by Rainbow Quest(USA) – River Dancer by Irish River(FR)
- The AssayerThe Assayer by Galileo(IRE) – Crystal Charm by Danehill(IRE)
- Tropical Empire(AUS)Tropical Empire(AUS) by Second Empire(IRE) – Tropical Touch by Pago Pago(AUS)
Office: 033 263 5010 or 033 263 2140
Lorraine De Klerk: 082 897 7179
Koos De Klerk: 083 390 3045
Fax: 086 512 5332
Facebook: Catch Us Here