The KZN Breeder Premium Scheme stands alone in South Africa as a singular inducement to breeders to invest in the quality production of racehorses in this region, and while that may be something of a lament for horsemen elsewhere and an issue which remains to be addressed at a national level it is still exactly that; the only breeders premium scheme in South Africa.
Many local and international clientele who patronize KwaZulu-Natal’s farms with their stock or who have made investments in the real estate of the region themselves, have done so on account of this programme, and all the remarkable achievements of progeny produced in KZN are a compliment to the programme.
The KZN Breeders Premium Scheme provides incentives to breed and race your horses in KZN.
For a horse to be considered “KZN-bred” the yearling must be registered with the KZN Breeders Premium Scheme.
A yearling born in KZN, and/or by a KZN resident sire is not considered a “KZN-bred” unless the horse is registered with the KZN Breeders Premium Scheme – subject to certain rules applying.
– In order to qualify, the breeder must be registered with the NHRA as well as the KZN Breeders Club (in the same name). The registered Breeder must own an active breeding mare or have four shares to amount to the ownership of one active breeding mare based in KZN. For the mares’ progeny to qualify, her subsequent covering year needs to be that of a *KZN-based stallion.
– Register yearlings as ‘KZN-breds’ with the KZN Breeders Premium Scheme – when the yearlings win in time to come, the breeder stands to claim Breeders Premiums* and Stallion Premiums.*
– Breeders premiums* will be earned if a registered KZN-bred horse you have bred wins
– a percentage* of minor race stakes decided by the Board will be paid out annually to breeders registered with the NHRA and KZN Breeders Club – this is also subject to proof of investment of breeding stock in KZN.
– Stallion premiums* will be earned if the progeny bred and allocated by the stallion shareholder wins – a percentage* of the minor race stakes decided by the Board will be paid out annually. This is also subject to proof of investment of breeding stock in KZN. The Stallion Premium only applies to shareholders who own shares in a KZN-based stallion.
– Your KZN-bred* racehorse qualifies to race on the annual KZN Breeders Race Day – in eight races each for a stake of R200 000 – one race for two year olds, the balance for three year olds and up – as well as the KZN Breeders Million Mile for a stake of R1 million. The KZN Breeders Million Mile is open to KZN-bred three and four year olds with a suitable Merit Rating.
The KZN Breeders Race Day is one of the biggest annual events on Gold Circle’s racing calendar.
For buyers at sales, horses registered with the KZN Breeders Premium Scheme have posters on their stable doors and carry hip stickers in the sales rings to make them identifiable.
*Subject to rules, terms and conditions apply.
If you require forms and more information, please follow the LINK.
Contact Dhev Moodley at Gold Circle at 031 314 1642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.